Tuesday, April 15, 2008

They say the darndest things



"If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur."
DougLarson


(Gus is allergic to mozzie bites)


ANGUS-isms
1) Oh, sor-ry (short oh then sorry sung high note low note)
2) That's..not..fay-ar (.. short pause between words)
3) Game..over (said when told off for messing up a perfectly nice game)
4) Okay..Goodbye (Spoken in a cheery voice after he has listened to my lecture on not scratching/not smacking/not sharing. Then he leaves without remorse)
5) Ah, data-one (that one) Disa-one (this one)
6) Updabove d'world so high (Zac thaught him data-one)
and my personal favourite
7) Eat..my..bubbles (yelled over his shoulder as he is running away from me)



ZAC-isms
Clogie and Polody are Mick and my Risk names
Popcorn Raindrop is Erin's antenatal name.
There is always a new made up name for the made up games we play.

Apparently moon rhymes with floon
cheese rhymes with bideese
floor rhymes with tor
me rhymes with meme
emo has the same sound as amo
momat has the same sound as mopap
meno has the same sound as menut
neat has the same sound as nit

Technically he is correct. But I daren't tell him about the nonsense of the words as I fear he already knows. Then I fear that he wont play word games with me any more because I'll just get all grown-up about it.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Did that just happen to gus in the last couple of days? Hope he's ok :)

Sarie said...

Awwwww sweet little boy faces. Hope little Gus gets better soon. See, this blog is turning into a little journal for you too, to write down stuff your kids say. In a year you can have the whole thing published (I am working on that right now) for fairly cheap and easy. Keep it coming.

Ash said...

Angus looks so sad but is still so cute at the same time! I love little boys and the crazy things they say! Your boys are adorable!

andy smylie said...

Poor Gus - looks so sore.

Encourage Zac's imagination - they grow up too quickly

I agree with sarie - we have a few budding writers in the extended family.