Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Will I get fired?

I read an article today in a local paper about how the inter-web thingy has caused people to lose prospective employment due to the fact that the interviewee has Googled the name and come across unsavoury personal information that was intended as communication between friends. Maybe a little racist joke or a sexist remark is all it could take to turn someone away.

So I Googled my name and I only found my facebook page. Maybe I should change from being in an open relationship to a marriage relationship with my husband. And I've thought about my blog...

I think I'll keep my job today especially if I mention I think my new boss is pretty awesome (honestly).

3 comments:

Irish said...

Happy for a link ... will do the same on my site so I can nip into yours .....

Irish said...

Funny ... that happened to a friend of mine he posted something and the boss found it ... The web is an amazing tool but sometimes we just have to be careful ... That was one reason why I get people to sign in my blog from now on to control it ....

Kristie said...

Dee, love the insurance policy you included at the end of this post, just incase.