Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update

Kristie is having so much fun in her photography class. She took some photo's of Poppy last Saturday.

I've been at work for two weeks now. Week one ended SO much better than it started. On Friday the middle school students went to the movies to see Nim's Island. I didn't go with them and instead stayed back with a one-on-one (let's call the student Jordan) who doesn't like going to the movies. This could have been stressful because Jordan can go from sullen to aggressive in seconds flat. However on this day Jordan was pleasant and fun. When the class came back from the movie at 12pm we all went to another student's (let's call the student Gerry) grandparent's house for Gerry's birthday party. Jordan was pleasant to be with all afternoon. Yay!

By the end of week 1 Poppy was much more receptive to the bottle. Mick was giving her two 60-80ml bottles each day. I wasn't getting much sustained sleep through the night because Poppy was filling her tummy on breast milk throughout the night as we lay together. I'm use to interrupted sleep though nothing to complain about.

Week two everything was so good at home I picked up an extra 4 hrs of work each week until the end of term. Mick said I could do the extra hours so that we have money to pay for my motor bike license and bike. You see we need a second vehicle. Mick needs a car for looking after the crew and I need to get to and from work. So with soring petrol prices Mick and I decided it would be best if I got an economic vehicle of the two wheeled variety.

Poppy is now drinking 300mls from the bottle during the day. And my reflexes are quickly getting back to where they were 5 months ago when I went on maternity leave. So that means a lot less hitting, kicking, biting, head butting injuries to myself and other students when I'm one-on-one. Victory.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm glad there was at least one nice shot amongst the out of focus, bad lighting shots.

Thanks for coming to Ailish's baptism. I'll blog about it sometime this week.

Dee said...

Photoshop helped with the lighting and her lazy eye. her right eye was still opening as you took this photo kristie and made the top third of her eye a bit odd. So I made it less odd.

Sarie said...

Gorgeous little Poppy photo. And so glad to hear you're getting a handle on things and work's going better! Best of luck to you..

Ash said...

She looks so sweet I just want to snuggle her. I'm glad things are going well for you at work. I'm sure it's hard to leave such beautiful babies.