Monday, June 15, 2009

Do I ask too much?

I miss my guys when I go to work. I don't admit it, ever. But now you know.




Today Zac stayed home because he had the sort of cough that teachers tut at and say to each other "He should be at home." He wasn't disappointed to hang out with The Sibs and play all day. But when Big Daddy came home this morning I could easily see he was going to need sleep so a plan was hatched to put Zac in charge.

Not in charge of everything. Just food, who gets it and when. I made everything up and put it all in individually named zip lock bags. Then drew signs to tell Zac what time he should feed himself and The Sibs.




He did pretty well. He assured me of the following, he only gave everyone their drinks early because they were all thirsty, next time I should not give him fruit because he only eats that at school and next time he needs Gus to help, "This job is too big for just one man."

He's probably right.

And next time I'll set an alarm because a little bit into the morning Mick asked Zac what the time was and Zac came back "the big hand is on the 6 and the little hand is on the 10". Mick asked him if he should get the sultanas his reply was in the negative, because it was obvious to him that the clock did not match the one on the sign.

Next time...

4 comments:

sharry said...

i loved his comment about this providing thing being to big of a job for just one person...remind him of that next time you ask him to pitch in and help...

love you all...

Kristie said...

too big a job for one man....that's hilarious!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidee

civetta said...

That's so cute!