Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's not a lot but it is my life.

I start work tomorrow. I leave my babies at home as I go to work to look after the educational and emotional welfare of other children. I won't watch Poppy do laps of the lounge. Every day with each step she grows. I won't be home to manage and mold brotherly 'love'. I won't be sitting on my couch, in the car with the kids or at my Mum's when it dawns on me that I must again feed the masses. "What should we have for dinner tonight?" There are a myriad of moment I won't be watching anymore.
Instead, from tomorrow, I will make a lunch time phone call, even though I'm worried that I will be waking Mick from a nap. I call to know they are all doing just as they would if I were home. I go to work because I love them. I endeavour to not have to work so hard in the near future. (I have a plan.)
All I will be left with are the mornings and evenings. We will start the day together right and every night I will nourish them and love them as much as I can before bed time. Then each night as I move from room to room I will perform my final acts of love. I'll check each door and lock them to ensure the security of my family. I'll look in on the boys to be reassured they are safe and at peace. Then I'll take my baby to bed and give her suckle as we both fade into the night.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

It's a fantastic life.

Yeah youre back blogging. Please, please, please post some more because I really enjoy reading and looking at what crazy antics you guys have been up too.

Sarie said...

Oh wow, that last part really did give me a lump in my throat. Beautiful, Dee.