Friday, January 30, 2009

These things just happen



I sent my son to school today,
He came home with a friend,
I can cross that off my worry list,
That puts nutrition at the top.
I sent my son to school today,
He came home without a note,
To tell me of some naughty prank,
He must have been real good.
I sent my son to school today,
I can't believe he's five,
He reads his book and ties his shoes,
And buttons up his shirts.
I sent my son to school today,
I'll send him back tomorrow,
They'll fill his head with useless stuff,
He'll never need to use.
I wanted to go to school today,
I wanted to make him safe,
I think that I have done my best,
I had to let him go.

8 comments:

ingrid said...

I love that pic, i think it captures his excitement just nicely.

Kristie said...

Good behaviour and new friends, he's off to a flying start.

Dee said...

Let's hope it lasts.

Ash said...

I can't imagine sending Reef to school for the first time...so scary! Making friends and not getting into trouble would definitely be my top 2 worries. He looks so old with his backpack on. So cute!

Anonymous said...

i remember caitlin was all excited about school but after a few days told me she didn't want to go anymore...when pushed for why it revealed that she had figured out that connor, madeline & i would "do things" while she was gone and she thought she was missing out...

so shhhhh...mums the words...

love you all.

civetta said...

Sounds like Zac is doing real well!

Kris said...

It's hard, isn't it? My baby went off to her first day at school this week too. I miss her. She's not missing me at all. She's so happy. I'm glad.

Lotti said...

I have just found your blog and I love it. Your children are just so beautiful. I love the way you write.....you are so clever. Very enjoyable. This is Leonie from your ward.....