Tuesday, December 30, 2008



Last Sunday afternoon I was just settling in to enjoy my last Sunday afternoon of rest as we go to 1pm church next year. It was then that Garrett called from work to complain about how bored he was and a grand idea was hatched. "How about we go up to Strath for the night?" "Sure. We could be on the road in an hour." 2 secs later slap. slap, slap what was I thinking, 3 children, their clothes, their bedding, their food, their toys, their nappies, 1 husband, his clothes, his bedding, his food, his toys, his...Then "How about we stay two nights?" "Sure!" 2 secs later spare clothes, spare bedding, spare toys, spare nappies...


1hour 10mins later everyone is in the car and we are backing out the drive. I am so good.
Good thing we packed for two nights because on Monday we were so tired from our walk in Victor Harbor we never could have driven home safely.
We had a lovely couple of days away made even nicer for the fact that we brought the Xbox and the boys watched KungFu Panda twice everyday.
We are home now and back to reality with a massive thud when Zac threw up in the car, in the kitchen, in the lounge room and outside. I'm so glad I have such fond memories of our family holiday to get me through this tough time.

8 comments:

Irish said...

Looks like you guys had a brill time ........ Have a great New Year xxxx

Sarie said...

Yes! There's no better way to ring in 2009!!

Kristie said...

Nothing like vomit to bring you back to reality. So whose camera did you use???

civetta said...

Bring on the vomit...
We got it here too. :(

Caitlin Rose said...

Poor Zac. At least he waited till the end of the trip to get sick.
Miss you
Caitlin

Irish said...

You have been tagged to do the music tag ..... Enjoy :)

Dinah said...

I have been thru the whole gammut of colds and sore throats this holiday season and am declaring a truce with all germs.... they stay in their space and I'll stay in mine. I love your blog and always look for it when I get the chance. Mum said she had a great time over the holidays with you. I always love to get news of what you are all doing. My love, A/di xoxoxo

Joey said...

i love the pictures