Friday, December 5, 2008

But I can afford a birthday cake.


Zac is 5 today. Five years ago he was born into this world with great spirit. My poor little drugged up fighter. He fought so hard to not come into the world that it's no suprise that he's so quick to be angry about anything this world might ask of him. His answer to just about everything is I didn't ask to be here, I don't have to like it.
He doesn't like any water in his eyes while bathing. He doesn't like people in his space if he didn't invite them. He doesn't like to be ignored even for a minute. He doesn't like to wait to tell me his newest awesome piece of knowledge. He hates being suprised and not knowing the out come before hand. He hates to be beaten in anything. He doesn't like to be confronted.
On the other hand he has found joy in many earthly pursuits since his birth. He loves his cousins and wants to go visit with family often. He loves to go to primary for all the right reasons (he doesn't have a good friend in his class). He loves to learn new things and since going to kindy and primary he is learning so many more things than I could teach him at home. He loves to cuddle me. He loves to wrestle with his Dad. He loves being in our family.
And we love having him in ours.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday zac - being 5 is sooo cool - you're going to be great at it...

we love you...give your mum a hug and kiss for me...only if that's one of the things you like to do.

lots of love, aunt sharry....in america...

Kristie said...

He has a slight "smile" on his face but his body language says "hurry up!!".

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Zac! My little boy just turned 20 and it seems like he was just 5 like you about 6 weeks ago. Maybe that's because I'm old. Tell your Mum to enjoy every moment because 5 is wonderful and lasts for just a blink! (Of course, 6 is pretty good too, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! Enjoy 5 first!) Hope you have great fun being 5!

picklesticks said...

Happy birthday to Zac! I have felt quite grumpy about being here sometimes, but I just gotta remember all the fun things I can do here and nowhere else!

Anonymous said...

Auntie Shelley I can't believe you broke your toe in the exact same place as I broke my finger. I fell your pain! Hope you feel better. Luv ya! Liam

Irish said...

Happy birthday Zac - Boy they do grow up fast .... That is a lovely picture of him xoxo

civetta said...

HA Birthday Zacky Doo. Mulokai is looking forward to your party.