Saturday, August 30, 2008

Gus has a couple of best friends. Rip-a-Lee, Oukie, Bimza, Shrek and Giggles. When we go out Gus will ask if one of his friends can come too. This short exchange will go something like this.

"Get in the car Gus."
"Can Oukie come?"
"Sure."
He'll then find his friend and say to him, "Yay! Oukie you can come."

A week ago we go in the car without the usual song and dance. As we were pulling out of the driveway I asked Gus if he was okay. He says to me "No Mum Oukie slap-da-me."

I was suprised and a little amused as I said "Really Gus? Why did he slap you."
"He just slap-da-me."
"Did you get cross with him?"
"Me telled him off."
"What happened?"
"He didn't listen to me."
"Oh well you can just play with your other friends when we get home. Okay Gus?"
"No Mum, Shrek slap-da-me, Bimza slap-da-me, Rip-a-Lee slap-da-me, Giggles slap-da-me."
"What did you do?"
"No, I didn't do anything they slap-da-me!"
"Okay Gus you're okay now. We'll be at Granny's soon."
Oukie
Shrek
Bimza
Rip-a-Lee
Giggles

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Gusey, I think your friends need to go on the naughty spot and make sure they apologise for slap-daing you.

Anonymous said...

bimza looks like he (she?) wouldn't hurt a fly...but i imagine that giggles has a mean right hook!

i love that you got him in his jammies with all his friends - too cute. it looks he's forgiven them all for the throw down.

love you all, sharry

Rachel Brown said...

poor Gus. rejected by his friends. Are they pals again?

Anonymous said...

i have found myself giggling about this all day...even had to show it to steve.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Oh dear. What if Gus is one of those kids with a persecution complex? Or one who never sees that he started the conflict? Or just the kid who gets picked on at every turn? Just kidding. What a cute boy. I can't wait until ours starts making us laugh with the things she says.

ariana said...

So funny! Kids are nuts. I remember when Sariah was little she an imaginary friend. Sometimes you could overhear her screaming at the top of her lungs. Her and her "friend" would be fighting. Then Sariah would yell "That's it! I am not talking to you any more!" and storm off in a huff. My question is if you don't talk to your imaginary friend do they still exist? My favorite was when she would walk her imaginary dog by its imaginary leash down the sidewalk.
Kid are nuts.