Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So Nifty







"I want that one."
-Little Britain-

The wind in my hair the road at my feet, for the love of the ride. I talk about getting a motorbike/scooter yet must confess to having never driven one until just now. The other day I succumbed to the will of the mob and took my first baby steps on this scooter. It was too good of an opportunity miss and so I took my first drive of a 50cc bike while the crowd cheered me on.
Craig instructed. I nodded. Then jumped on and prayed.
"Seriously Dee you can ride a bike. You will not just tip over. Okay? You can do this."
Slow acceleration down the long driveway. I feel each 360 degrees of the turning circle tick past as I go for the return trip.It's the longest 100 metres in history. Time slows. I'm outside looking on myself. "You're doing it. See? Don't hunch. They're all watching you. That's right sit up straight. You're nearly there." I'm back with myself and I feel the biggest grin creep and spread across my face. I could ride all day.

1 comment:

sharry said...

way cool. i especially love the basket on the front. there's a wierd sort of irony at having a bicycle basket on the front of a motor bike...even if it is only 50cc's...and technically NOT a motor bike but a scooter.

before you know it you'll have rub on tatoo's and be putting that 2nd earing back in. such a rebel!! i love it!