Sunday, May 24, 2009

THEY'LL DO ANYTHING

to get out of work.

Even go to sleep in the middle of the day.

Mick and I asked them to each put ten toys away. They suddenly got a bad case of exhaustion. We called their bluff and told them if they were so tired they should go to bed. They meekly got up from the couch and went to their room were they turned on their night time music and fixed the blanket over them. I could hear them talking for a bit and I thought they would play in bed for a bit and then come out at which time I would reinforce the work rule. They never came out of their room. I checked on them 20 mins later and they had gone to sleep. I looked at Poppy and decided she looked a bit tired too. After a stern talking too she decided she was tired too and thus I had 2 hours of peace and quiet on a Saturday afternoon.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Hey, so when I really should be cleaning, if I go to sleep will the magic cleaning fairy visit me? Probably not! I think she is from the same family as our toothfairy.

Anonymous said...

#5 Shelley

Don't children do the darndest things....seems to me they have a case of the "I'm tirrrred!" syndrome, it runs in our family.
Love Mum

Ash said...

That is awesome! I love unexpected naps! How did you enjoy those 2 hours? I hope you didn't clean it up!

Jessiesmylieyahoo,com said...

hidee

civetta said...

You are so lucky Dee! My boys will clean up for me, but naps are a little harder to achieve.

Sarie said...

That sounds divine. I love your phrase, "a bad case of exhaustion". very funny.
xoxo